Bermuda grass is popular amongst the homeowners. It isn’t costly and is simple to set up. These grass helps in providing beautiful lawns that are not only durable but also drought resistant. It’s also known as “The South’s Grass” and is suitable for warm climates, but there’re several options that can survive in a cool weather too.
There are several brands in the market from which you can choose the most suitable product to buy but it at the same time might be a challenge for many. This buying has listed several products with detailed information on them; making your work less difficult.
Top 6 Bermuda Grass Seeds Chart
|1. Scotts Turf Builder Bermuda Grass Seed||Up to 15,000 square feet||$$$$||3.9|
|2. Pennington Seed Bermudagrass Seed||Up to 5,000 square feet||$$$||3.8|
|3. Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed – Sun and Shade Mix, 3-Pound||Up to 1,200 square feet||$||3.5|
|4. X-Seed Moisture Boost Plus Bermuda Grass Lawn Seed, 3-Pound||New lawns = up to 2,000 square feet Existing lawns = up to 1,000 square feet||$$||3.3|
|5. CENTRAL GARDEN AND PET Pennington Premium Blend Bermuda Grass, 5 lb.||Up to 5,000 square feet||$$||3.2|
|6. Scotts EZ Bermudagrass Lawns Grass Seed 10 LB||Up to 225 square feet||$$$||3.2|
There are various facts that one should know about Bermuda grass before they actually start planting:
- Its texture can vary from dense/ medium or fine texture; all this totally depends upon its variety.
- Bermuda grass will most probably become dormant and might even turn brown in color once temperature drops.
- This grass grows at a very fast rate.
- It is capable of withstanding wear and tear/ traffic.
- It’s drought resistant
- This grass requires sunlight and can’t survive well in shaded places.
- Warm and mild climate is well suited for this grass
- It is capable of growing on any soil type, given it’s provided with accurate fertilization.
- Well drained soil is most suitable for it, wet soils might work well too.
You must focus on its maintenance once planted. Keep these in mind:
- Mowing. As it has a fast growing rate one must ensure to trim down the grass quite frequently. ¾ to 1½ inches is the suitable length to trim.
- Watering. This grass requires water around 1 to 1 ¼ inches/ week.
- Fertilizer. Fertilizing soil is one of the most important duties while gardening so, in order to get the best result one should after every 4-6 weeks fertilize their soil.
- Aerate. Aeration is a very necessary step if one wants to keep their garden in a healthy condition. It can be done with the help of an aerator machine or shoes which is not expensive and can easily be rented from a store nearby. This practice should be followed once a year.
Bermuda grass will show its best results in Southern region where winters are too mild. This bag is only 15pound but can easily cover a 15,000 sq. feet of area. This seed comes with a coating due to which they’ll absorb more water in comparison to the uncoated one and will need less watering.
It’s an aggressive variety that’ll quickly spread all over to fill the bare spots. Results aren’t quick and might take up a full year depending upon the size of the yard to cover the full area.
It’ll provide a marvelous green shade. It’ll require to be trimmed quite often once set up. You must look at the directions for planting if you want to see the best results. Looking at the coverage this one bag gives you, it’s nominally charged and is out of the few choices available.
It was established in the year 1945 and since then it’s one of the leading manufacturers of lawn products and grass seeds. It is a quality Bermuda grass seed, and an amazing option. It weighs around 5 pounds and is capable of covering 5000 sq. ft.
One of the feature that we will take you by is that it is easy to plant and can grow on any type of soil and doesn’t even require special preparations. It’s suitable for hot and warm climates only and we can’t guarantee results if used in cold regions.
This item consists of Penkoted® seeds as said by Pennington as it is known to boost rate of growth and is even known to provide a stronger root system. Without any second thought you’ll be able to afford it easily and can even expect to see quick result. But the result is dependent up on the area the field covers.
This product comes with several size options to choose from and the price completely depends up on it:
- 3 lbs. = up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- 7 lbs. = up to 2,800 sq. ft.
- 20 lbs. = up to 8,000 sq. ft.
- 40 lbs. = up to 16,000 sq. ft.
It has WaterSmart PLUS feature as called by the Scotts. There’s a coating present on it which helps in enhancing water absorption, helps in providing nutrients as well as protection from the diseases. It has an amazing rate of growth and work well for filling the bare spots. Its only drawback is that it has a lesser density in comparison to other options.
You can easily compare its size and price to the bags of different brands. A note to keep is that, it isn’t sold in Louisiana. It takes 5 – 10 days for it to grow but to set full grass might take around a month of time.