If you want to set up an irrigation system then one thing you need to make sure is to choose the best sprinkler heads for the process. Your system’s layout will give you an idea of each zone. If you know the zones you’ll easily be able to know the type of sprinkler heads you should buy.
There’s a lot of variation in the shape, spray patter and size of the sprinkler heads, making an accurate choice while purchasing it can be a difficult choice to make. Don’t worry; this instruction manual will help you make the right choice in purchasing sprinkler heads, it’ll not only fit in your budget but also satisfy the watering needs.
These water sprinklers are an amazing product for customizing ones water needs in an irrigation system. You can also use many types of sprinkler heads within an irrigation system. The right way to choose an accurate sprinkler head is by understanding its different types:
- Rotary. If you want to cover areas of medium or large sizes then this spray works well as it sprays water in a circulatory manner.
- Pop-up. In case you want to cover gardens or any area you can use this type of head sprinkler: it is hidden in the ground and will pop out when needed.
- Fixed Spray. If you need a spray for small areas and need to cover shrubs then you can use this kind of sprinkler as it is a fan shaped spay.
- Gear-Driven. For medium and large areas gear driven sprinklers are preferred. It runs smoothly and quietly.
- Multiple Stream. For medium sized or uneven areas this type of sprinklers are well suited. It’ll help you in producing rotating streams which are thin sized.
- Shrub. These types of sprays provide specific mounting above foliage; it functions well for shrubs, ground cover and gardens.
If you want to buy the best water sprinkler for yourself then look for the appropriate features that’ll help you customize your watering system to a next level.
- Wiper Seal. Its function is to prevent leaks and ensure a proper retraction for pop-up sprinkler heads.
- Spring Retraction. Incase you want your pop-up sprinkler to automatically return to the ground as soon as it has performed its work then make sure your sprinkler has this feature.
- Special Patterns. A micro spray is most suitable for ground cover, small areas and soils that are slow at absorbing.
Top 3 Best Sprinkler Heads Reviews
1. Toro 53814 4-Inch Pop-Up Fixed-Spray
You’ll find a size variation too in this sprinkler head. You can either choose a 3 inch or 4 inch pop-up; there are several patterns too(majorly 4). It works in a flexible 360 degree angle. It is provided with a 15 feet tall spray and is capable of covering medium sized areas.
These sprinklers have an OEM quality and if you’re looking forward to replace the existing Toro heads then it’s a great choice to make. It is easy to install and can last for a long period of time. It offers a constant water pressure and also covers a good area.
There’s nothing negative about this product except from the fact that it can be only purchased online and not in any store. It’s an easy-to-use sprinkler with prices charged nominally. It comes as a blessing as it does not leak and functions well in a medium sized area.
2. Rain Bird 32SA Simple Adjust Gear Drive Rotor
It’s well suited for a medium sized area as it has a flexible angle of 40 – 360 degrees. Its spray is around 19 – 32 feet tall and has a feature for adjusting the radius and arc to prevent water waste. This very set includes four rotors.
As debris might cause a problem with the whole pop-up and retraction feature, its design is made especially for the resistance towards debris. This gear driven mechanism comes already lubricated, it helps in adding a longer life to this device. A thing to note is that making adjustments is quite difficult and if you do not follow the directions properly, you might strip the gears.
It is made with the help Rain Curtain technology: in brief, the sprinkler heads emits bigger water droplets and provides consistency. To be honest, it’s a well-made sprinkler head and it’ll be an economical deal if the buyer purchases it in a pack of 4.
3. Rain Bird CP5004PC Pro Rotor with Pro Nozzle Set
Rain Bird’s product is of such amazing quality that it is once again appearing in our list. This set consists of rotor plus 12 nozzles; it provides uniform rates of precipitation and also low trajectory while watering. A thing to note is that risers aren’t included with it.
Spray can cover a distance of 26 – 38 feet while the arc’s adjustability is around 40 – 360 degrees. It consists of Rain Curtain technology, same as mentioned in the 2nd point. It has a close watering system which helps in preventing dry spots around the rotor.
A drawback you might feel while handling the product is that you might want to change its by default settings before you start using it. Start with 180 degrees to understand the trajectory as well as the rate of flow of water of each nozzle before you install it. Keeping it short, you can easily afford this product as it has an easy installation and nominal maintenance price.